Wills, Estates & Trusts Law
Without a proper will and estate plan, your intentions may not be carried out and your intended beneficiaries may not benefit.
Everyone needs a will. At McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP, we prepare wills of all levels of complexity to allow you to minimize estate taxes, provide for your family and ensure that your wishes are carried out.
Our specialized team of wills, estates and trusts lawyers has decades of experience developing estate plans and establishing trusts. We will work with your accountant and financial advisor to ensure that your intentions are carried out.
If you’ve been named as executor in a will, our team will guide you through the administrative duties and court process required to distribute and wind-up an estate. If a dispute arises, our lawyers are trained in alternative dispute resolution techniques that can resolve disputes quickly, efficiently, privately and without the costs of litigation. However, sometimes litigation is necessary or unavoidable. If that is the case, our litigation lawyers can provide you with the expert representation that you need.
Our specialized team of trusts and estates lawyers can:
- Prepare your will or multiple wills
- Draft or enforce powers of attorney for property and health
- Create a tax-efficient estate plan
- Establish trusts for families, special needs trusts, dependent children or charities
- Develop a succession plan for family-owned businesses
- Form professional corporations and limited partnerships
- Resolve disputes through alternative dispute resolution methods and litigation
For any inquiries with respect to wills, estates and trusts, please contact a member of our team in London, Ontario by email or by phone at (519) 672-5666. If corresponding by email, be sure to include your name, your telephone number, and a brief message.