Resolve workplace conflicts with expert advice from our specialized labour law team.
Our labour and employment law team includes experts in the many separate and distinct areas of the law. We are committed and strong advocates for employers and employees in all fields and strive to resolve matters in the most effective and efficient way possible.
We develop ongoing relationships with employers to counsel them in all aspects of the workplace law: hiring, terminations, drafting contracts and workplace policies and procedures, workplace investigations, and collective bargaining. We advise on responsibilities in regards to workplace health and safety and human rights legislation, and provide regular updates about developments in the case law and legislation. We have worked with employers during buyouts and times of mass layoffs or terminations. We have extensive experience engaging in negotiations and mediations in order to resolve workplace disputes. We also pursue litigation before administrative tribunals and the courts in order to achieve the best possible results for our clients, including:
- The Federal and Provincial Courts
- Arbitrators and mediators
- The Ontario Labour Relations Board
- The Canada Industrial Relations Board
- The Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal
- The Canadian and Ontario Human Rights Tribunals
- The Workplace Safety and Insurance Board
We also regularly advise employees who have been terminated or are experiencing harassment or discrimination in the workplace. We are prepared to negotiate or litigate employee claims to pursue fair compensation for our clients. Our labour and employment lawyers represent employees with respect to the following:
- Wrongful and/or constructive dismissal
- Review of severance packages, disciplinary letters or suspensions
- Review of employment contracts
- Discrimination in hiring, promotion, termination, etc.
- Sexual harassment or solicitation
- Workplace harassment, violence or bullying
- Requests for workplace leaves or accommodations of disabilities
- Applications for short- or long-term disability insurance
- Pension claims
- Claims and appeals for benefits at Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program Benefits (ODSP) and
- Claims to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) and Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT)
We are committed to achieving the best possible results for our clients while ensuring that our representation is practical and cost-effective in ways that reflect the realities of these administrative proceedings.
For any inquiries with respect to labour and employment matters, please contact a member of our team in London, Ontario by email or by phone at (519) 672-5666. If corresponding by email, be sure to include your name, your telephone number, and a brief message.
Please note: By using this form, you are providing consent to McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP to reply to you via email.