Technical Specialist – Posting Date March 23, 2023
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP is a highly respected law firm located in downtown London, Ontario, with over 180 support staff and lawyers. As a member of McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP, you will enjoy a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. We provide stimulating work and learning and development opportunities.
We are seeking a Technical Service Specialist to join the Information Technology Team. The IT Team is responsible for the delivery, availability, and performance of McKenzie Lake’s technology services. This includes messaging, document management, Audio Visual services, Internet services, and remote access, amongst others.
This role reports directly to the IT Manager and will be required to work closely with all team members.
To be successful in this role the candidate must possess a broad understanding of technology, problem solving, service management and critical thinking. An ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with new technologies, is a self-motivated learner, and provides exceptional customer service. Prior experience working within law firms or other professional services companies is preferred.
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting assistance related to computer hardware, software, mobile devices, printers and desktops and telecommunications including:
- Deliver exceptional service as the first point of technical contact for employees and lawyers seeking technical assistance over email, phone and in person – Helpdesk;
- Troubleshoot and resolve simple to complex incidents associated with firm-standard end user applications, including but not limited to software, hardware, desktop computing, mobile technologies, password assistance, internet, network & remote connectivity, telecom and printer related incidents;
- Responsible for setting up and managing all video/audio conferencing for the firm;
- Responsible for all telephony end-point setup and technical issues;
- Responsible for maintaining hardware and software asset inventory and software licensing records;
- Responsible for PC moves and installations as well as physical maintenance of PCs and printers and/or liaison with third party vendors;
- Ensure that all Helpdesk tickets are addressed and/or resolved and/or escalated as necessary and follows up with staff and lawyers;
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work with minimal supervision and capable of working on a variety of additional projects as needed;
- Involved with endpoint encryption software & endpoint deployment;
- Experience with deployment and support of multifactor authentication systems and consoles;
- Experience with deployment of new computer hardware with laptop imaging & image creation;
- Available for occasional after hours support & event monitoring if needed;
- College diploma in related field (E.g. Computer Systems Technology)
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop Operating Systems, troubleshooting methodologies;
- Comfortable with remote management systems;
- Knowledge of basic security related concepts (indicators of compromise, attack methods, potential vulnerabilities, traffic flow, basics of network protocols)
- Knowledge of legal specific software such as PDFDocs, Adobe, iManage etc is beneficial;
- Microsoft Active Directory user and device management;
- Basic email system knowledge and understanding. Office365, Exchange ;
- Experience repairing, installing, upgrading and reconfiguring the following (PC’s, laptops, printers, stand-alone and network printers, scanners, etc);
- Able to work under a heavy day to day workload, with the ability to triage and prioritize tasks and requirements as needed.
- Experience working within common virtualization platforms including vmware vsphere/ESXI.
Skills and Experience
- Client Service Skills: Treats clients (internal and external) and third parties with respect and is courteous and polite at all times demonstrating tact and diplomacy when talking to clients or third parties. Respects the confidential nature of their work.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal, grammatical and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues based on the audience’s understanding of the matter.
- Organization and Planning Skills: Very strong planning and organization skills with a ability to manage multiple and/or changing priorities with often fluctuating workload demands and conflicting deadlines;
- Problem Solving/Judgement Skills: Understands how and when to use the available tools and resources; knows when to seek supervisory assistance or help from others. Looks for opportunities to improve work practices.
- Interpersonal Skills: Cooperates and collaborates with/helps colleagues to achieve common goals and positive results; interacts with fellow workers in a professional and positive manner.
- Accountability Skills: Acts with honesty, integrity and ethics. Takes responsibility and demonstrates resiliency and accountability for their work and actions; has a willingness and desire to learn.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency with Windows, Office 365, Email Security, Microsoft Office, WordLX, Primafact, Remote Management, Device encryption, Security event monitoring, Traffic Analysis, MDM/Apple Business Manager, and VOIP phone system experience would be considered a valuable asset.
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP offers a safe, modern, bright working environment with competitive salary, benefits and performance management system. We look forward to meeting the right candidate and establishing a long term relationship. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume with a cover letter to the Chief Information Officer email@example.com
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.