Litigation Law Clerk – Posting Date July 2023
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP provides a full range of legal services in Southwestern Ontario. We offer an attractive work environment with support services and a full benefit package. Employees enjoy a fast-paced work environment and a supportive, collegial culture.
We have a great opportunity to hire a full-time Law Clerk to join a busy Litigation practice that services a wide range of clients, including large institutions, real estate developers, and small business owners.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Management of matters from open to close: intake, conflict searches, retainers, directions;
- Communicating with clients, court staff, and other third parties
- Preparing legal documents and correspondence: draft letters, affidavit of documents, motions;
- Electronic filing using DMS (iManage experience is an asset) and Primafact
- Preparing and electronic filing of various court materials;
- Performing administrative duties: calendaring, bring forward management, accounts, requesting cheques, paying invoices;
- Understand and apply knowledge of The Rules of Civil Procedure
Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on the needs of the firm.
The perfect candidate for this opportunity will possess five years’ experience as a legal assistant/law clerk working in litigation. We look for the candidate to work independently as well as part of a team. You are able to demonstrate that you have excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills, and able to interact with professionalism and diplomacy.
Salary is commensurate with skill level and years of experience.
If you are interested in joining our team as a Law Clerk, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
All McKenzie Lake employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
McKenzie Lake LLP is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply. We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1G 5L3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- Law Clerk: 1 year (preferred)
- In Person