Best Lawyers in Canada 2023 Recognizes McKenzie Lake Lawyers for Excellence￼
McKenzie Lake Lawyers is proud to announce that the following lawyers have been recognized in Best Lawyers in Canada 2023 Edition:
- Matthew Baer – “Class Action Litigation”. Matthew has worked on some of the leading Canadian class actions, particularly those involving pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Lisa A. Fraser – “Personal Injury Litigation”. For more than 20 years, Lisa practice has focused on plaintiff personal injury cases helping people who have been seriously injured.
- Judith Hull – “Personal Injury Litigation”. Judith has been practicing for more than 25 years and has been recognized by Best Lawyers as a leading personal injury lawyer since 2015.
- Alfred A. Mamo – “Family Law”. Alf has over four decades worth of experience in family law and has been recognized by Best Lawyers as a leading personal injury lawyer since 2006. He has also been named a Best Lawyer’s “Lawyer of the Year” in family law (London/Windsor area) on four different occasions, most recently in the 2020 edition.
- Michael J. Peerless – “Class Action Litigation” and “Product Liability Law”. Since its inaugural 2006 edition, Mike has been named annually in Best Lawyers in Canada in recognition of his expertise in class action litigation. In 2021 Mike was also named “Lawyer of the Year” for London/Windsor in product liability law and has been recognised as “Lawyer of the Year” in the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers for his work in Class Action Litigation.
- Melissa Won – “Franchise Law”. Since beginning her legal career in 2011, Melissa’s practice has focused exclusively on franchise law. Franchise Times identified top franchise lawyers in Canada and the United States and named her a “Legal Eagle”.
- Daniel So – “Franchise Law”. Dan works with franchisors, master franchise owners and multi-unit franchisees. A guest expert on CBC Television’s Fortune Hunters and a Franchise consultant for the producers of CBC Television’s Dragons’ Den, Dan has also been named by Franchise Times as a Legal Eagle.
We are pleased to also announce that Catherine Shearer has been recognized as Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch (2023 Edition). These awards are recognitions given to lawyers who are earlier in their careers for outstanding professional excellence in private practice. Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch recipients typically have been in practice for 3-8 years.
- Catherine Shearer – “Personal Injury Litigation”. Catherine has dedicated her practice to helping those who have suffered life changing injuries and the devasting effects of such injuries.
In operation for more than 30 years, Best Lawyers employs a rigorous peer-review process to narrow down nominees and select lawyers for inclusion.
“Our methodology for determining these awards remains the same as it did when Best Lawyers was founded four decades ago: peer-review. Lawyers are the best resource to provide feedback on the caliber of work performed by their peers.” Best Lawyers
Learn more about Best Lawyers’ methodology.
Congratulations to everyone in this incredible achievement!