Receptionist – Posting Date August 10, 2023
The incumbent greets clients and visitors over the phone and in person, ensures they are welcomed courteously and professionally, directed to the appropriate party, sets up meeting rooms, and manages catering requests.
- Answer all incoming calls on a multi-line telephone system and route callers to the appropriate staff member or lawyer.
- Respond to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- Assist potential clients by screening and transferring calls to the appropriate staff member or lawyer.
- Greet clients and visitors in an enthusiastic and pleasant manner and make them feel welcome by offering refreshments; determine purpose of visit and announce visitors to respective team members.
- Ensure clients are seated in a private room upon arrival as required.
- Accept and record payments from visitors and forward to Accounting following the Firm’s standard procedures.
- Manage and process ingoing and outgoing packages.
- Monitor and distribute faxes to the respective team member(s) in a timely manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of boardrooms, catering, and technology requirements with respective administrative departments as required.
- Provide general administrative support for various firm events and initiatives.
- Order catering requests for boardroom meetings.
- Maintain the reception area, boardrooms, and server area (including monitoring supplies for Reception and the kitchen) and minor housekeeping duties.
- Photocopy and scan documents for lawyers.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma.
- At least 1 year of related work experience in a professional services firm.
- Client Service Skills: Treats clients (potential and existing) and third parties with respect, is courteous and polite at all times, and demonstrating tact, diplomacy, and empathy when talking to clients or third parties. Respects the confidential nature of their work.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organization and Planning Skills: Strong planning and organization skills with an ability to manage multiple and/or changing priorities; monitors results of tasks/assignments to ensure deadlines are met. Knows when to seek supervisory assistance or help from others.
- Problem Solving/Judgement Skills: Understands how and when to use the available tools and resources; knows when to seek supervisory assistance or help from others. Looks for opportunities to improve work practices.
- Interpersonal Skills: Cooperates and collaborates with/helps colleagues to achieve common goals and positive results; interacts with fellow workers in a professional and positive manner.
- Accountability Skills: Acts with honesty, integrity, and ethically. Takes responsibility and demonstrates resiliency and accountability for their work and actions; has a willingness and desire to learn.
- Technical Skills: Exceptional MS Office skills; ability to learn and use other software applications as required.
Salary is commensurate with skill level and years of experience.
If you are interested in joining our team as a Receptionist, please submit your resume by email to email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application!
While all submissions are appreciated, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
All McKenzie Lake employees must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19.
McKenzie Lake LLP is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply. We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, ON N6A 5P2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-20