< Back to Newsroom
Michael Peerless Speaks at “Fundamentals of Class Actions Law” Event
Today the Canadian Bar Association held their second installment of the “Fundamentals of Class Actions Law” series, and McKenzie Lakes’s Managing Partner and Class Action lawyer Michael Peerless was a speaker. The event included conversations about the logistical and practical considerations that go into a class action before a claim is commenced, and discussed issues such as:
- Investigation – how do you identify a claim and shape the facts as they develop?
- Mitigation of risk and damages
- Balancing regulatory and litigation risk
- Communication with putative class members
- Co-counsel arrangements
- Identifying a potential Representative Plaintiff
For more inforamtion on the event, please visit the Canadian Bar Association’s website.
Personal Injury Lawyer Sarah Kirshin-Neilans Joins McKenzie Lake
Jun 16, 2021