- Wrongful and/or constructive dismissal
- Review of severance packages, disciplinary letters or suspensions
- Review of employment contracts
- Requests for workplace leaves or accommodations of disabilities
- Applications for short or long-term disability insurance
- Pension claims
- Claims and appeals for benefits at Ontario Works (OW), Ontario Disability Support Program Benefits (ODSP)
- Claims to the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) and Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal (WSIAT)
Labour & Employment Lawyers Guelph, ON
Resolve workplace conflicts with expert advice from our specialized labour and employment lawyers.
We are committed and strong advocates for employers and employees in all fields and strive to resolve matters in the most effective and efficient way possible.
Call today: 519-826-4333
Types of Employment Law We Represent
Wrongful Dismissal Claims
Advice on Employment Contracts
- Employment agreements
- Contractor agreements
- Policies and procedures
- Human rights issues and compliance, discrimination claims, accommodation
- Leaves of absence
- Occupational Health and Safety issues related bullying, harassment, and violence in the workplace
- Employment Standards and Ministry of Labour issues, complaints and compliance
- Employment-related issues related to restructurings, closures, and the purchases/sales or amalgamations of business
- Day-to-day management of workplace legal and HR matters
Workplace Harassment Claims
- Sexual harassment or solicitation
- Workplace harassment, violence or bullying
- Breaches of Privacy
- Human Rights violations
- Other inappropriate conduct
Contact Us Today to Speak with a Labour & Employment Lawyer
Experience Engaging in Negotiations & Mediations
We have extensive experience engaging in negotiations and mediations in order to resolve workplace disputes. We also pursue litigation before administrative tribunals and the courts in order to achieve the best possible results for our clients. Our Labour and Employment lawyers are experienced mediators who also act for individuals and companies in business and shareholder disputes, contract claims, and commercial arbitrations.
We work with employers and employees, so we possess the ability to see things from both perspectives. We will provide you with an evaluation of the case while exploring any underlying issues and other matters of importance when they are necessary to facilitate an agreement. Our exceptional team of employment lawyers have acted as counsel at countless mediations, and we know that one size does not fit all. Our goal is to help you reach a reasonable resolution, and we will adapt our approach to the unique circumstances of each case.
Do You Need An Employment Lawyer in Guelph, ON?
We develop ongoing relationships with employers and help them identify and rectify legal issues and address all workplace legal matters. We strive to provide practical, cost-effective advice and solutions. We advise on responsibilities in regards to workplace health and safety and human rights legislation, and provide regular updates about developments in the case law and legislation. Our employment law team can also assist with mergers and acquisitions, and mass layoffs or terminations.
Learn More About Our Labour & Employment Services in Ontario
We are proud to offer legal support to clients in Guelph and all across Ontario. Our labour and employment lawyers offer representation in a range of matters including hiring, terminations, drafting contracts and workplace policies and procedures, workplace investigations, and collective bargaining. With offices located in London and Guelph, Ontario, we are certain we can help service your legal needs.
At McKenzie Lake, we do everything it takes to deliver exceptional results for our clients. We are here for you, here to remove obstacles, solve problems, provide clear answers, and help you achieve dispute resolution. With expertise across a range of business, personal, and employment law practice areas, we are here to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
We take pride in representing our clients with integrity and using our experience to effectively advocate on your behalf in the most efficient way for your unique situation. Our approach is client-centric, ensuring that your matter is handled with the care, sensitivity and attention it deserves.