Matter Intake & Records Administrator
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent full-time Matter Intake & Records Administrator.
The Matter Intake & Records Administrator is responsible for implementing the firm’s plan relating to the effective management of client information from intake to disposition. This plan involves a portfolio of initiatives including File Intake, Conflicts and Records administration.
The main responsibilities for this role include:
- Processing conflict searches related to parties involved in new matters to identify potential conflicts of interest;
- Providing conflict search results to the appropriate lawyers and staff for review and further instructions;
- Communicating with lawyers and staff as required to resolve questions related to conflict search results.
- Processing all new business intake requests in a timely manner regarding new clients and new matters received with accurate client, client contact and billing information;
- Ensuring all new business intake request forms contain the information required and have been completed properly by everyone;
- Communicating with everyone as required to resolve questions and confirm completion of new business intake requests;
- Processing client and matter maintenance changes in ProLaw, and determining application to all other active matters such as change of address and contact information and change of billing contacts.
- Ensure all requests for Privacy Walls/Confidentiality Screens are implemented for specific client matters.
- Interface with firm members to promote best practices in compliance with our Records Lifecyle Process;
- Conduct onboarding training with new lawyers and staff as it relates to Records lifecycle: file open through to file close;
- Execute process for electronic records disposition including but not limited to: producing Closed File database reports, circulation of reports, managing record holds, classification and removal of electronic records and data across systems, completing final disposition;
- Define and further develop best practices for records management.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- A post secondary education, a certificate or diploma from a recognized community college or equivalent related work experience;
- Knowledge and experience with records management, preferably in a professional services environment;
- Demonstrated leadership skills including coaching, directing, problem-solving;
- Two years office experience, preferably in a legal environment;
- Exceptional attention to detail and accurate work product is imperative;
- Excellent organizational skills including recording keeping, data collection and system information ;
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills – a team player;
- Professional and positive attitude;
- Ability to provide quick turnaround of urgent requests, while delivering accurate results.
We offer a technologically advanced work environment with exposure to industry specific computer applications supported by a comprehensive training and ongoing support program.
McKenzie Lake is an equal opportunity employer and will work with and accommodate persons with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, selection, and on-boarding process.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume with a cover letter to our Chief Administrative Officer Dianne Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.