Law Clerk – Personal Injury – January 28, 2022
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP is a highly respected law firm located in downtown London, Ontario, with over 140 support staff and lawyers. As a member of McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP, you will enjoy a supportive, collegial and team-based culture. We provide stimulating work, learning and development opportunities.
We have an opening in our Personal Injury Department for a Law Clerk in which the successful candidate will possess an excellent level of service to clients and comfortable working independently.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Knowledge of Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS) and Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Prepare claim forms, connect with clients to obtain information and documentation required;
- Preparing correspondence, requesting records, scheduling and file summaries according to precedents and/or instructions;
- Drafting of court documents – Notices of Examinations, Affidavit of Documents
- Reviewing and summarizing medical documentation;
- Daily communication with client and third parties;
- Handling of administrative tasks including email and calendar management and coordinating meetings.
- Completion of post-secondary legal assistant, law clerk or paralegal program;
- Understanding of personal injury, legal terminology and Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP offers a safe, modern, bright working environment with competitive salary, benefits and performance management system. We look forward to meeting the right candidate and establishing a long term relationship. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a detailed resume with a cover letter to our Chief Administrative Officer Dianne Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply.
McKenzie Lake Lawyers LLP will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.