On March 2, 2022, we commenced proposed class actions against Hyundai alleging that certain Hyundai vehicles (the “Affected Vehicles”) have latent design, manufacturing, material, and/or workmanship defects that cause restricted oil flow, excessive oil consumption, sudden vehicle stalling, catastrophic engine failure, and/or non-collision engine fires (the “Engine Defect”).
Affected Vehicles means all vehicles, except for Excluded Vehicles, designed, developed, manufactured, marketed, distributed, leased, and/or sold by the Defendants and equipped with one of the following GDI engines designed, developed and manufactured by the Defendants:
- Theta II 2.4-litre GDI engine;
- Theta II turbocharged 2.0-litre GDI engine;
- Nu 2.0-litre GDI engine;
- Gamma II 1.6-litre GDI engine;
- Gamma turbocharged 1.6-litre GDI engine;
- Lambda II 3.0-litre GDI engine;
- Lambda II 3.3-litre GDI engine;
- Lambda II 3.8-litre GDI engine; or,
- Lambda II turbocharged 3.3-litre GDI engine.
Excluded Vehicles means the following vehicles equipped with Theta II 2.4-litre and turbocharged 2.0-litre GDI engines designed, developed and manufactured by the Defendants:
|Model||Model Year(s) Affected|
|Hyundai Santa Fe (Sport)||2013-2019|
|Hyundai Tucson||2014-2015, 2019|
To view a copy of the Statement of Claim, click here.
Please contact us if you are an affected owner/lessee. You can reach us at 1-844-672-5666 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.